Careers at LCS
Thank you for your interest in Lawton Christian School. We offer a challenging, professional, Christian environment where you teach from a biblical worldview. If you have a passion for excellence and a desire to mentor the next generation to be a light to a darkened world, LCS may have a place for you.
Known available positions for 2015-2016 include:
We currently have no open positions.
Occasionally positions come open and are not listed here. We invite candidates to submit an application and/or resume for us to place on file. We hold letters of interest for one year.
PEOPLE WITH WHOM WE AT LCS LOOK TO WORK . . .
People committed to Truth and Truthfulness:
· People who want to know and show the Truth of God as revealed in the Word of God.
· People whose commitment to Truth is complemented by their commitment to grace.
People who follow Jesus authentically, intentionally, and passionately:
· People who have experienced the unconditional love of Jesus and are not cynical, critical, or sarcastic about others.
· People who have experienced Jesus’ forgiveness and are ready, willing, and able to forgive others.
People who rightly recognize themselves as temples of the Holy Spirit:
· People who are daily purified and prepared for the noble purposes of being a vessel in the hand of the Almighty.
· People committed to modeling New Testament Christianity and mentoring students in the same.
Lawton Christian School partners with Christian families to educate the mind, body and spirit within the context of a biblical worldview, equipping students to impact their culture for Jesus Christ.
Lawton Christian School is not a church, is not affiliated with any church or denomination, and does not subscribe to the doctrinal statement of any one church or denomination. LCS does require that all teachers, administrators, and families subscribe to the following doctrinal statement:
· The Bible to be inspired, and the only infallible authoritative Word of God.
· There is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
· In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return to power and glory.
· That for salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
· In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is empowered to live a godly life.
· In the resurrection of both the saved and lost; those that are saved into the resurrection of life, and those that are lost into the resurrection of damnation.
· In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ
Employees of Lawton Christian School will maintain a lifestyle based on biblical standards of conduct, including being a member in good standing of an evangelical church and leading a mature Christian life. It is the goal of LCS that each employee will have a lifestyle where "...He might have the pre-eminence." (Colossians 1:18) Personnel will conduct themselves in a way that will not raise questions regarding their Christian testimonies. A Christian lifestyle should reflect the biblical perspective of integrity and of appropriate personal and family relationships, business conduct, and moral behavior. An employee is expected to demonstrate a teachable spirit, an ability to share love for others, a willingness to live contentedly under authority, and a commitment to follow the Matthew 18 principle when an issue arises with fellow employees or management.
Lawton Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, nationality, or ethnic origin in the hiring of its employees or in the administration of its educational and admission's policies.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR TEACHING POSITIONS AT LCS
Teachers in grades PK3 – Kindergarten must:
· Be interviewed and deemed qualified by the Preschool Director and Superintendent
Teachers in grade 1-12 must:
· Hold at least a bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university in a discipline closely related to the core subject to be taught at LCS
· Hold a valid teaching certificate or be willing to apply for Association of Christian Teachers & Schools (ACTS) certification, and
· Be interviewed and deemed qualified by the appropriate Principal and Superintendent
A complete description will be provided during a further stage of the application process.
TO RECEIVE AN APPLICATION
If you are in agreement with our doctrinal statement and would like to receive an application to be considered for one of the openings above, please email your resume, along with a letter of interest, to the Superintendent. Please include all of the following information in your letter:
· The position desired
· Why you are interested in working at LCS
· What assets you would bring to LCS
· Why you feel led to Christian education
We look forward to receiving your information. Thank you for your interest in the ministry of our school. It is our prayer that God will fulfill His perfect will in the lives of all applicants.