PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
“Train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value but godliness has value for all things.” (I Timothy 4:7-8)
“A student…who is fully trained will be like his teacher.” (Luke 6:40)
Lawton Christian School takes very seriously its mission to educate the whole child in terms of his mind, body, and spirit. The faculty and staff of LCS have pledged to give of themselves, their time, and their gifts in the daily implementation of a Christian education that seeks:
· To glorify God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ with lives of celebration and service.
· To provide each student with opportunities to develop knowledge, skills, and competence within the framework of a God-ordained universe.
· To organize information and experiences in order to facilitate academic learning and mastery.
· To prepare students for lives of commitment, service, and contribution to God, to others and to themselves.
· To prepare students for productive lives in an earthly culture, as well as for eternal life.
It is out of their own commitment to this educational philosophy that administrators, teachers, and staff encourage each parent to become actively involved with them in the teaching process. Only as school and home work together can either one confidently hope to see the total educational development of each child.