Statement of Faith
The Lawton Christian School Statement of Faith is a commitment to the Christian faith, which is central to the core values of the school.
- We believe that men, divinely inspired by God, wrote the Holy Bible. All Scripture is without error and is totally true and trustworthy. (Psalm 19:7-10; Hebrews 1:1-2; 4:12)
- We believe in only one true, living God. He is the Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. God reveals himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who exists as three distinct, but equal Persons. (Matthew 28:19)
- We believe that man was created directly in God’s own image, after His own likeness and created without sin. However, by his free choice, he sinned against God and came under condemnation. (John 1:1-3; Romans 5:12)
- We believe that man is in need of salvation and that salvation comes only by faith alone in Christ Jesus, the Christ as revealed by the Holy Scripture to be the Son of God. (John 14:6)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is all God and all man, born of a virgin, and born without sin as the Son of God. (John 10:30; Luke 1:26-38)
- We believe in Christ’s atonement as the voluntary substitution of Himself in the sinner’s place. He was crucified, buried, and resurrected from the dead with a glorified body, on the third day. (Romans 5:8; Matthew 20:18)
- We believe heaven is the final abiding state of the redeemed and hell is a place of everlasting fire and eternal punishment for all who reject Christ. (John 3:15; Revelation 21:1-22:5; Revelation 20:12-15)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.